How Does Yoga Related to Breast Cancer?
HOW YOGA HELPS BREAST CANCER PATIENTS & SURVIVORS!
RESEARCH FACT & OUTCOME
* The large, U.S. based study suggests that something as cheap and gentle as yoga could be of huge benefit to breast cancer patients.
* Breast cancer is Singapore’s top cancer killer among women.
* Grueling treatments can leave women feeling worn out for months – or even years – after they have stopped.
* The Ohio State University researchers recruited 200 women who had survived cancer of varying degrees of severity and were asked to attend 90-minutes yoga classes twice a week and practice at home, if they could.
* The other women were told to go about life as normal but promised yoga classes after the study was finished.
* The women, who had undergone surgery and powerful treatments such as radiotherapy and chemotherapy, were also quizzed about their energy levels and subjected to blood tests
* The study also showed that the more yoga a woman did, the greater the boost in energy levels.
* Blood tests showed a reduction in levels of compounds linked to the inflammation.
* Modest Yoga practice over a period may have benefited from improvements in their breathing technique and the stress relief from meditation.
For more information, kindly contact your preferred studio at 6734 2853 (Centrepoint) / 6604 6084 (Tampines) / 6564 4306 (Jurong) OR 6258 5118 (Toa Payoh) or email
(Subject: Yoga Helps)