200 Hours Yoga Teachers Training Course
14 January 2019, Monday
What to expect
This is a 200-hours comprehensive yoga teacher training certification course offered by Real Yoga and is registered and qualified with Yoga Alliance USA certification standards. This is a course for transformation, as well as developing a vast knowledge and skills in traditional and yet modern yoga philosophy and practices. The course shall guide the students on basic application and understanding of the Hatha yoga principles and practice, and guiding the students on the methodology in yoga teachings. The full course is conducted by Real Yoga’s master teacher Saumik Bera. Upon successful completion of the course, students will be certified by Real Yoga as yoga teachers.
- Uncover your potentiality
- Increase your awareness of your body and mind
- Refresh and rejuvenate your body and mind
- Increase your physical strength and flexibility, mental well-being
- Be inspired to become a better yoga teacher
- Help you to develop your teaching skills and the confidence in teaching
Part 1 | 150 hours
- Philosophy – an introduction to the origins and history of Yoga including different types of yoga, an overview and understanding of the 8 limbs of yoga (from the Patanjali yoga sutras).
- Sanskrit learning – learn the sanskrit names of asanas.
- Meditation practice & teachings – a mindfulness practice to train our mind to stay focus, relax and positive, and learn the techniques in guiding students for a proper, effective and therapeutic meditation process.
- Pranayama practice & teachings – understand the importance of pranayama (breathing) in yoga practice, and how we can incorporate proper breathing techniques in the class.
- Asana practice & teachings – learn and practice the basic asanas, how to move into these poses. Students will also learn how to observe the body during poses holding particularly on what to look for and observe the actions in the poses.
- Kriya and Bandha practice & teachings – an introduction to various kriyas and bandha techniques, students will also get to practice these basic techniques during the course.
- Adjustment & Alignment – learning and hands-on training on adjusting the students and aligning the body positioning of different body types in various yoga asanas covered in this course.
- Human Anatomy & Physiology, understanding the human body anatomy, how different body types and structures of the body can affect in the yoga practice, students will be given a vast knowledge of the human anatomy for each and every asana covered in this course.
- Teaching Methodology & Sequencing – there are many ways to sequence a yoga class, but how we can put a sequence that bring a positive vibration and connection between teacher and students, learn the creative methods in sequencing as well as to make your class different and wild.
- Practical practice – during the course, students will start to learn to teach in small groups or in one whole class.
- Assignments – students will be given in-class assignments, either individual or in groups, and a presentation of the assignment given.
- Examination – practical and theory examinations will be held on the second last and last day of the course.
Part 2 | 50 hours
- Field practice, students will be given unto 50 hours of in-class teachings at Real Yoga studios (option of conducting or teaching own group classes is acceptable), within a period of 6 months after completing Part 1 of the course.
- Report writing, students are required to submit a final teaching report within the 3 months of completing Part 2 of the course.
Who is this course for?
This course is appropriate for serious students who would like to start teaching yoga or seeking a yoga career, as well as students who would like to deepen their own knowledge and personal practice. This course is also suitable for existing yoga teachers who want to upgrade their knowledge and teaching skills. You will gain a fullest and deepest understanding of the physical and spiritual side of y yoga that combines together to create an exceptional yoga teacher.
Course Dates & Venue
4th November 2021 to 11th December 2021 (105 hours offline* + 18 hours online + 27 hours recorded materials + 50 hours training hours)
Offline: Real Yoga Academy studio located at 114 Lavender Street #06-78 CT Hub 2 Singapore 338729,
Online: Zoom (A link will be emailed to you 5 days before the course starts.)
*Applicable to those who are unable to do the course offline, full online is available
4th November – 9am to 12pm
Fridays – 6pm to 9pm
Saturdays & Sundays – 8am to 8pm
8 hours of recorded materials per week for the first 3 weeks
- We recommend a regular practice of 6 months is required
Course Fees & Registration
May 2019 YTTC Participant
“I attended the YTTC in May 2019, and I have definitely gained lots of knowledge and experience through this course. The most interesting part is where we are able to learn different types of body doing doing types of asanas. Learning process have always been memorable as the learning atmosphere is always filled with laughter. Besides gaining Yoga-related knowledge, I also learnt more about myself, a huge reflection on my personality. I would like to thank Master Saumik, for being so professional, being able to guide all of us individually based on our weakness and strengths. Thank you for passing down your knowledge, encouraging and planting positive vibes to us daily. Highly recommended to Yogis to attend YTTC by Master Saumik (:!”